[X4U] Keyboard weirdness after PowerBook sleep

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Thu Aug 9 21:26:37 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I have the strangest thing happening repeatedly where the below example
keyboard shortcuts stop working:

* Comm-Spc for zoom in, +Option for zoom out (eg. Acrobat, FreeHand,
Photoshop etc)
* shift-click to select multiple items (eg. FreeHand)
* Command to temporarily change tools (FreeHand)
* shift-click to select all text from where the cursor was flashing to
where you clicked (eg. Lotus Notes emails)

The only thing I can put it down to is putting the PowerBook to sleep when
taking the Mac home at night. When I return to work I'm pretty sure the
issue has returned. A reboot gets all the shortcuts working again, but
it's now driving me nuts that I have to reboot to get them back,
especially when I have a heapa stuff open that I'm currently working on.

I've tried looking at the keyboard preferences and as I have a wireless
Apple keyboard (had it for over a year now) I tried removing it from the
Bluetooth prefs and relinking but the prob is still there.

The issue may have turned up closely after I upgraded to 10.4.10 too.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seen this?

Cheers,

Cojcolds

ps. funny thing is that the shift click to select text works in Text Edit,
Illustrator, Firefox and Quark but not in FreeHand or Lotus Notes. These
are the only apps I tested.