[X4U] Spinning BeachBall Delay in Finder

LA Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Sun Aug 12 23:42:37 PDT 2007

Randy, Thanks

Wiull do as you requested.

The drive is 80 GB and it is using 40, with about 34 free...

Thought about that but when I logged in as another user, it was quite
snappy...

Lee

On Aug 13, 2007, at 7:57 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

On Aug 12, 2007, at 2:36 PM, LA Licata wrote:

> I have a work folder that has 1400 embedded folders in it, and
> totals about 3.6 GB.

I would start by doing all of the maintenance suggested at:

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

If that does not help, we will at least have eliminated the obvious
as having been the problem.

What I suggest is that you download:

YASU (free, donation requested)
http://jimmitchell.org/projects/yasu/

run all of the default chores, and then restart your Mac with the
Shift key held down (to have Repair Disk run in the background), and
then, when your drive has fully started up, restart again normally.

See if that helps.

Also, how big is your drive, and how much free space is left on that
drive?

Randy B. Singer