[X4U] Blu-ray vs HD

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 21:59:55 PDT 2007

At 9:07 AM -0700 8/15/07, Robert Ashton wrote:
>I'm getting close to purchasing a high def player. At last check
>Apple was supporting Blu-ray and not HD.
>1) Is this still the case?
>2) What are the chances that apple software (imovie to Final cut
>pro) would support both platforms?
>3) What platforms would other users purchase?

Just a comment, but WOW. I guess I'm behind the times. But tonight I
took my mother to my company (Qualcomm) for a free movie. Just a fun
thing we get about once a month. (It was "Office Space".) Anyway, it
was projected on a movie-theater-size screen from a Blu-Ray DVD...
HUGE... and it was indistinguishable, to me anyway, from a regular
film projection. Incredible.

Daly