[X4U] Clickable URL's and addresses in emails

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Thu Aug 16 00:24:51 PDT 2007

Hi all,

My mum is sending out a basic email newsletter for her reborning doll
business but wants the URL's and her email address to be clickable to
users with HTML mail clients.

I told her that most clients will simply recognise a URL and a
mailto:address and make them clickable but she tells me that a number of
people don't receive them as clickable items and want her to make it
possible in her newsletters.

Accounting for the fact that they may not have correct clients or their
settings are incorrect I'm also interested in what is required to take
this to the next step.

The below "mailto" adds the property of a subject line and I stole the URL
link code from out of an email I recently received. I'd like to show her
how to basically set up some simple HTML to allow her to have a clickable
link say one thing, "For the latest sales click here", and it takes them
to a URL.

I clearly don't have enough knowledge to write a small HTML block to
achieve this.  Do you have to have special email clients or HTML mailout
applications to be able to set this up and email in HTML? She's using
Microsloth Entourage and I'm on Lupis Notes.

<mailto:brett.conlon at sonydadc.com?subject=This%20is%20a%20test>

href=3D"http://www.kayellaustralia.com.au/adobecs3">click here

Cheers,

Cojcolds