[X4U] Printing Greeting cards from iPhoto 08

Lynch Andrew atlynch at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 07:14:14 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,
   In iPhoto 06, I frequently used the capability to print greeting
cards.  I would select a photo, select print, select greeting cards
from the dialog, and print.  The picture would appear on one half of
the 8.5x11 greeting card stock I used, which came with envelopes to
match.  Fold the card, sign it, and off to the event....

This capability appears to be gone in iPhoto '08.  There is a very
nice mechanism to design greeting cards.  Although there is only a
"buy" button on this page, not a "print" button, you can print the
card.  Unfortunately, it assumes you have 7x10 stock, not the 8.5x11
stock commonly available, and the resulting printed product ends up
in the lower left hand region of the paper. (I have not tested using
7x10 paper, so I am not certain that it works, though it may).

The guy at Apple Support was surprised by this as well.

I used this capability all of the time, and am bummed that it is
gone.  It has saved me frequent last minute trips to the stationary
store, and waiting for the mail to arrive to get a card is just not
an option.

Has anyone gotten around this?  I have tried changing the paper size
under the advanced tab, played with using layout to get two pages on
a page.....

Dual 2.7 G5 running 10.4.10, Canon i960

Cheers,
     Drew