[X4U] iTunes not rendering properly

judi gmajudi541 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 11:00:50 PDT 2007

I want to thank you in advance for any help you can give me.  I have
belonged to the list for several years now and have always had my
questions answered before I had to ask them, but this is beyond my
knowledge.

I just inherited an iMac G5 2GHz w/ 1.5 GB ram. My old system was a 1.2
GHz G4 iBook w/ 768 MB ram, duplicated to a bootable external firewire
drive. I did a clean install to the iMac , did all the updates and then
rather than using target disk mode with the ibook, I used the firewire
drive to import from "a partition" . Maybe this was a mistake! So much
for the background.

Anyway, when I start iTunes, it will open - but, the store page shows
up with text and placeholders for the frames and graphics with broken
links inside. Also the is no scroll bar to the right. I can click on
the "links" and it will take me to other "broken" pages. My library is
also looking wrong.

I tried deleting and reinstalling, but this did not help. I do not have
this issue in any other apps, but if I need to start over again I can
do that, but I am not comfortable in terminal so any solution or
diagnostic that involves that is out.

Judi V.