[X4U] Image included in Signature

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Wed Aug 22 10:11:03 PDT 2007

I agree that the 'spam' affect of including an image file in the
signature might be bad. Hence I probably will not do so at least at
this point.

Below is a response I received off list. I am posting this for those
on the list who might like to know a method to ad and image to the
sig file.

Jens

On Aug 22, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Ray Choiniere wrote:

> I had never tried that, so I experimented and got the following
> signature with no problem. (It's a very old picture of sailors
> parading in San Diego, in case you care. I used it because it uses
> relatively few kb.)
>
> All I did was
> — open Preferences -> Signatures;
> — Click the plus box to get a new blank signature
> — renamed it (from "Signature #6" or whatever
> — Typed in Ray Choiniere and my email address (why not?)
> — dragged a jpeg into the box below my signature
> — closed Preferences
>
> The only thing that tricked me at first was that I kept looking at
> the email reply window that I was planning to send you but the new
> signature didn't show up in the choices. The problem was that I had
> to close that "Reply" window and open a new one before the new
> signature would show up as a choice.

Jens Selvig
...lost in Montana...