[X4U] Make Finder STOP IT!

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:06:32 PDT 2007

Is there a way to make Finder stop "helping" by automatically updating
locations of things that move?  Here's my scenario:
Airport Disk : Archive
Airport Disk : Archive Backup
Alias : Music alias -> /Volumes/Archive/Music

If I eject Archive, Music alias immediately and seamlessly begins pointing
at Archive Backup/Music which is a valid location since Archive Backup is a
backup of Archive.  This absolutely not what I want.  My iTunes files are in
Archive/Music and I want to create an alias because I'm having the issue
where iTunes changes it's music folder location and I read this is the
workaround.  Is there any way to stop Finder from "helping" me like this?

Google didn't help ...

Thanks,

--
matt.