[X4U] Strange dotmacsysclient error message in Console

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Aug 28 20:41:53 PDT 2007

I get this exact same message repeated over and over again in
Console. (I should clarify, it's not a constant stream of
messages...just that if I check Console, I always seem to see that
this error has come up recently).

example:

"2007-08-28 22:25:16.292 dotmacsyncclient13953 Failed to login to
account - command failed: .Mac rejected either your user name or your
password. Please verify your .Mac member name and password in
the .Mac preferences in System Preferences."

I have no problem initiating a .mac sync, my iDisk works perfectly,
and the .Mac system pref loads and shows me my disk usage, sync
preferences, etc. without a hitch.

Anybody know what's going on?

I've Googled and there was one post on an Apple discussion board, but
nothing else.

Michael