[X4U] Leopard Issues (Continued)

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Dec 2 23:42:11 PST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 7:55 AM, Jon Warms wrote:

> I have a Brother HL2040 printer (that I call "CarlyPrint")
> upstairs connected the first model iBook that's running
> 10.3.9, with printer sharing turned on. This "just worked".
> I had been printing through this printer from my
> MacBook and my wife's PowerBook, both running
> Tiger. And the only thing that's changed is that Leopard
> is now running on the MacBook.
>
> The MacBook no longer finds CarlyPrint.

For some reason, when upgrading to a new major release of the Mac OS,
it is sometimes necessary to delete the printer setup for your
printer in Print & Fax preferences,

1. Open System Preferences, click Print & Fax, and then click Printing
2. Select the printer in the Printer List, and click the Delete (-)
button.
3. Download the latest driver and installer for your printer from:
http://otiel.notlong.com

Now reinstall the driver,  and add your printer again to get it to work:

1. Follow the directions that came with your printer to set it up and
install the necessary software on your computer.
2. Make sure your printer is connected properly to your computer with
a USB cable and turned on.
3. Open a document to print, and then choose File > Print.
4. Choose the printer from the Printer pop-up menu.
5. If you don't find your printer, choose Add Printer from the
Printer pop-up menu, and click More Printers. Choose your printer's
type from the pop-up menu in the dialog that appears, select the
printer, and then click Add.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html