[X4U] Leopard Issues

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Dec 4 07:25:15 PST 2007

At 10:06 AM +0000, 12/4/07, David Ledger wrote:

>>From: Stroller <macmonster at myrealbox.com>
>>Any website that requires a www. prefix in this day & age is
>>[redacted] stuck in the 90's, dude. Like retro!
>
>Hardly.
>
>It may be unneccessary to use 'www' in many web based Internet
>services, but there are also others where http is not the primary
>purpose, and the short form should point to another service. You use
>such services all the time - DNS, NTP, proxy servers ...
>
>David

I do believe that Stroller does recognize the value of www for those
times that the domain owner wants to specifically point to his web
host machine, but the point that Stroller was attempting to make, and
I concur, is that when a domain owner has failed to assign a host
computer to www, then it would be nice if the browser did assume www
as the host and then proceeded to the web server. To fail merely
because the user did not type www. and because the domain owner was
not wise enough to assign the alias in their DNS records should not
punish the user.
--

Robert Ameeti

Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences.
- Midori Koto