[X4U] Installing Leopard on an older Mac

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Dec 15 19:52:05 PST 2007

On 12/15/07, Neil <lists at mac.com> wrote:

> But, is 10.5 slower than 10.4?

As I posted last month,  nope, if you're wondering about the differences on a
nonsupported Mac. I beta-tested the cat, so ran it for over a year on the G4,
450 MP and my mate's 1GHz 17" flat-panel iMac. That experience and reports from
other beta-testers indicated every incremental build brought some speed
increase in one area or another. I still run 10.4.11 on a daily basis and think
stuff loads faster, Safari's snappier, etc. on Leopard. No other benchmarks,
but I also beta-tested Panther and Tiger, so my experience is what I base my
conclusion on.