[X4U] Installing Leopard on an older Mac

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sun Dec 16 15:32:51 PST 2007

On 15 Dec, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Neil wrote:

> But, is 10.5 slower than 10.4?

I can't tell you that because I don't have any program installed on my
G4 that will tell me the speed of performance for a specific action. I
never bothered to clock any operation anyway, so there is nothing to
compare it to except my eyeball-guess.

Now that 10.5 is on the G4, I am using my PPC G5 most of the time
because it is faster than my G4 ever was under any circumstance, and,
besides that, the G5 is the newest toy on the desk, so I would rather
play with it.

I can say that my eyeball-guess is that OS-10.5 on the G4 is faster
than OS-10.4.9 was. Remember, though, this is just an eyeball-guess
and your mileage may vary.