[X4U] Quicktime 7.3.1 update and Flash

H Huff hhlists at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 17 08:43:34 PST 2007

Apple's description of the update mentions disabling QT's Flash media
handler:

media handler, the most serious of which may lead to arbitrary code
execution. With this update, the Flash media handler in QuickTime is
disabled except for a limited number of existing QuickTime movies
that are known to be safe."

Since I view a lot of Flash based content (YouTube type stuff), which
I often download using Perian, I've hesitated to install this
update.  Does anyone have any feedback on what effect the update has
on YouTube type material?

TIA,
Harry

10.4.11