[X4U] iMac G5 loose screen tilt hinge

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Tue Dec 18 20:33:27 PST 2007

Hi all,

I have an iMac G5 that's really annoying me. As you know, the
computer is made to tilt backwards and slightly forwards on it's
pedestal base. Mine has somehow become loose so that no matter how I
place it, the screen slowly pivots forward until it's at it's maximum
downward angle. I'm finding that I have to readjust the screen tilt a
few times a day. Before I attempt to take it apart to see what can be
done about it, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows weather it's
possible to adjust the tension on the hinge?

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design

Mailing adress: