[X4U] Aperature vs. Lightroom & Photoshop CS

Said Nuseibeh photo at studiosaid.com
Fri Dec 21 09:14:00 PST 2007

>the better app for organizing
>my photo's, which is what I'm most concerned with

Hi Zane,

FWIW, on my G5 and PB G4 I have been happily using Bridge (which ships
with Photoshop and the Suites) in conjunction with iView Media Pro
(v3.1.3) for organization. The latter has been bought by the Dark Side
but is still wonderful and you can often find it cheaper these days
(just stay away from Expression, I hear). Bridge is great for initial
organization, and integration with Photoshop and ACR. And iView is
wonderful for long term organization and the presence of moderate-res
proxy files for offline work. So you can free up lots of disk space by
moving images to externals and optical media but still access, organize
and work with them via iView <http://www.iview-multimedia.com/>

Lightroom had too many bells and whistles for me with little more
functionality than ACR/Bridge except a great slideshow creator; I have
never gotten around to trying Aperture, though there are those who swear
by both.

The predecessor for Bridge, File Browser, is a part of your CS I
believe.

If I were you (or you me), I would upgrade Photoshop and buy a tripod on
eBay :-)

As for the camera, I recall a quote by Steichen that "No photographer is
as good as the simplest camera".

Season's Greetings