[X4U] UNARCHIVE question

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 15:28:54 PST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007, at 4:23 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> Which operatiing system version? Panther, Tiger, or Leopard? Launch
> the
> Console.app (in /Applications/Utilities/), select the system.log
> file, and
> double-click on the zip file. Hopefully, you'll get more specific
> information
> on the error and which process is balking. As for maintaining a
> Stuffit-free
> zone, your choice, but StuffitExpander causes few, if any problems.

John,

I tried stuffit for 5+ years and could *NEVER* figure out how to use
it. Every time I tried I ended up so mad I felt like throwing the
computer out of the window. When I upgraded to OS x every one assured
it was miles ahead of OS9 with the -1 error message I do not agree.
The windows version of unzip was sooo easy and intuitive I never had
to go to the help or read a manual. This stuffit is so unlike MAC it
made me wonder who wrote the thing.

Ed