[X4U] CD eject

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Sun Dec 23 17:04:02 PST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Arthur Amolsch wrote:

> My Quicksilver G4 won't boot up beyond the initial
> blue screen, and I can't seem to get a CD to eject
> so I can put in a system CD or a DiskWarrior CD.
> Is there a "mechanical" way to eject the CD? My G3
> tower had a small hole through which an operator
> could insert a paper clip IIRC.
>
> Advice and solution earnestly sought.
>
> TIA
>
> Art Amolsch

Art: if holding the house button down while restarting doesn't eject
the CD, try opening the CD door with your fingernail. With luck, you
will be able to see the small hole where you insert a paper clip; or
you could always pull the tray manually (gently).

Good luck.

Jeff
Carruthers Communications           Tel: 520-625-1913
292 N. Camino del Vate, Green Valley, AZ 85614
www.carruthers.com                  e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com