[X4U] admin help

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Dec 25 22:45:18 PST 2007

On 12/24/07, Robert <rashton at telus.net> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the instructions so far. I'm sorry to be a pain but
> after I reboot into the hard drive I don't get a login window so the
> only way to it is logging off my account. I then select other which
> now lets me put in my password but no matter  what I try for user name
> is rejected. Any ideas as to what to put in there.

Since Other pops up as a username, then you properly enabled the root user
account, and you'll have to use the username "root" (without quotes) and the
password associated with the root user account that you used when following the
intructions in <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306876>. Once
you're logged in as the root user, redo steps 6-9.