[X4U] New Member

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 11:38:16 PST 2007

Hello Everyone,

    I am the proud owner of a brand new 24" iMac 2.8 gHz model.  Well,
actually I bought it for my girlfriend for Christmas, but since it's in our
home, it's 'both of ours.'  I've been toying around with it for two days
now, and I really like it.  I joined this list to learn a little more about
Macs and OSX.  The last time I used a Mac was in the early 90s.  I believe
it was OS version 7 or so.  I had AOL on it (back when you paid by the
minute.)  I miss those old days of computing, but I'm glad to see that Mac
has come so far.  I'm still learning all of the new stuff that this Mac has
on it, and I'm sure I will be learning for a while to come.  I work as a
Systems Architect in the San Francisco bay area, mainly working with large
web application infrastructures.  I primarily work with Linux/Unix and
Windows based architectures, so this new Mac will be another trick up my
sleeve in the future - I hope.  I've read that OSX is based on BSD, and from
what I've seen working within the terminal, it's very similar to *nix
environments I've worked in before.  If you have any recommendations for the
new Mac owner to come up to speed with the OS and such, please pass them
along.  I also develop a lot in python, so if Mac has a built in python
interpreter and maybe a nice editor, I would be elated.

Thanks,
Ernest

--
Join the Ron Paul Revolution