[X4U] FireWire enclosure for SATA drive (Was: Migrate without Firewire link.)

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 1 11:10:27 PST 2007

Eddie Hargreaves said:

>I replaced the SATA drive in my household's iMac G5, so I now have a bare
>80GB SATA drive that I'd like to put in a FireWire enclosure. Anyone have
>any recommendations?

SATA to FireWire cases exist, but they aren't inexpensive:

CoolGear SATA to FIREWIRE + USB 2.0 + eSATA Aluminum Hard Drive Case
$110
http://www.cooldrives.com/esata-firewire-800-enclosure-case-external.html

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Quad Interface eSATA, FireWire 400/800 & USB 2.0/1.1
Enclosure Kit
$110
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/MEFW924AL1K/

MacPower Pleiades Super S-Combo
http://www.macpower.com.tw/products/hdd3/pleiades/pd_scombo

Randy B. Singer

Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html