[X4U] FireWire enclosure for SATA drive (Was: Migrate without Firewire link.)

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Feb 2 13:57:15 PST 2007

keith_w said:

>Everything I've read in the past 6 months or so has led me to believe
>that no-ne really has a working CPU that has USB 2.0 in it!
>What's the truth, please?

Umm...I don't know what you are referring to.  USB 2.0 most certainly
works.  I just used it to transfer some files from a flash drive a few
minutes ago, and it is much faster than USB 1.1.

USB 2.0 isn't as fast as FireWire (not even FW400), but it is plenty fast
for an external hard drive.

http://www.barefeats.com/usb2.html

http://www.usb-ware.com/firewire-vs-usb.htm

Randy B. Singer

Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html