[X4U] FireWire enclosure for SATA drive (Was: Migrate without Firewire link.)

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Sat Feb 3 01:33:47 PST 2007

On Feb 2, 2007, at 11:02 PM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:

> I think he may be alluding to fact that USB 2.0 drives cannot be
> used as boot drives.
>
> On Feb 2, 2007, at 4:44 PM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
>
>> On 2/2/07 1:09 PM, keith_w <keith_w at dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Everything I've read in the past 6 months or so has led me to
>>> believe
>>> that no-ne really has a working CPU that has USB 2.0 in it!
>>> What's the truth, please?
>>
>> I'm really unclear what you mean. Both my PowerPC Macs (with
>> working CPUs)
>> have USB 2.0 ports.
>>
>> --
>> Eddie Hargreaves

I live in an area of the country where English is not the primary
language spoken by much of the population (Miami).  For quite a few,
English can be a very difficult language to communicate in verbally,
let alone in written form.
Especially consider if English is not your primary language and you
are trying to communicate in non-familiar technical terms.  This may
very well be the case with the original poster.
See below, my sig file.  It's Spanish, but you really have to
understand the language to interpret it correctly.  Anybody have an
idea what it says?  Or means?

Tim

--
Tengo un manojo encantador de cocos.