[X4U] XP <> Vista benchmarks [C]

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Sat Feb 3 10:04:39 PST 2007

This is a Mac list and you can use Windows on your computer as can
I.  I am very interested in this topic as it does relate to my use of
my Mac. I now think of 'Windows' as just an aggregate application,
sort like Dashboard where I can use other programs to fulfill my
computing needs. My girlfriend, a CPA, uses 'real' Windows computers
that are on my office network. The software vendors she uses have
precluded use of VISTA for at least the next two years. (Maybe
longer) At this point in time I have no desire to run VISTA on any of
my Macs. Maybe someday I'll change my mind. ;)

In our case, VISTA is going to be a long put off upgrade. We only
have 4 working XP Pro systems running but I am thinking we may not be
all that odd of a situation facing Microsoft sales departments.

I do have to admit that I am not one of the immediate OS X upgraders
either. I usually wait 3-6 months before leaping. I think the
difficult thing for Apple and Microsoft is coming up with OS
enhancements that are earth shattering and compelling enough to cause
the masses to automagically want to upgrade.

So the bottom line for me is moderation in upgrading!

Jens Selvig
...lost in Montana...

lstnmt at bresnan.net