[X4U] setting up a raid with Minis

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 10:49:48 PST 2007

nk wrote:
> I'm interested in setting up a RAID system with my 1.5Ghz Mini to
> improve video performance...
It's not clear to me why you think that RAID is going to help with video
performance.
> Is there a quick tutorial to help with this?
Yes, it's known as the OS X help system. Bring up help and search on
raid, you'll find both local help and links to Apple's knowledge base.
I'm sure you'd also have find lots of articles if you had searched the web.
> also, are any special 3rd party cards or hardware required to make it
> all work?
No. SoftRaid is better in many ways than Apple's RAID support, but
Apple's is good enough to start learning with.

Phil