[X4U] Another wireless printing question

Joshua Hough soyjourner at mac.com
Sat Feb 17 20:28:46 PST 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 5:04 PM, Linda wrote:
> Can the PCs see your Brother if you go to Sharing on your Mac's
> Preference
> panel and turn on Printer Sharing?

No, but it finally worked when I added a printer through CUPS by
pointing Safari to 27.0.0.1:631.  From the XP machine I still
couldn't browse for it -- I had to enter the exact address.  It
worked, but there are two remaining issues:

1.  The Mac's IP will change at some point, and then I assume the
connection in Windows will break.  I installed Bounjour for Windows,
which is also working.  Will Bonjour print OK regardless of the Mac's
IP?  I can't test it right now.

2.  The Mac needs to sleep when not in use.  Is there a way to for it
to wake automatically for print jobs?  There isn't one in the Energy
Saver control panel.

Thanks!
-Josh