[X4U] Mac Mini HD

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 18 10:11:53 PST 2007

Paul,
I added one of these to my Mini. It stacks nicely with the MacMini
because it has the same form factor, so it doesn't change the
footprint on your desk. The 250MB is $170US, the 320MB is $200US and
the 500GB is $300US. Those models have both USB and FireWire. If you
don't need the extra USB ports, there are 2 other models with just
FireWire:  160GB and 250GB for $120US and $150US, respectively. If
you are not in a hurry, they sometimes show up on sale. I found mine
on sale at dealmac.com

Here's the link, scroll to about the middle of the page:  http://
www.lacie.com/products/range.htm?id=10033

There are several other companies that make the same kind of
stackable companion drive for the MacMini. One is Newer Technology
and I think that some of their drives are a little cheaper than
LaCie. They also have a 750GB model. There are others and I'm sure
you can find them online if this interests you as an alternative to
replacing the drive inside your Mini.
Cheers,
John