[X4U] Superuser - root question

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sun Feb 18 11:07:30 PST 2007

Got a bit of a strange one regarding the root or superuser account.
Use it on all my machines except didn't have it enabled on my son's
G3 iMac DV. I have him running 10.3.9 and it is running smoothly with
all upgrades.

Decided to enable the root account and did  per the standard route.
However, on log out only his account is showing in the user list. ??
I rebooted etc. nada. I can log into the NetInfo Manager using the
newly created "root" account and password so it is enabled. Just
isn't appearing in the log in list. What am I missing. The machine is
fully maintained Onyx, Diskwarrior 4 etc. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rod