[X4U] Connecting Brother HL-1240 to Airport

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Mon Feb 19 19:20:02 PST 2007

On 2/19/07 9:06 PM, Brett Conlon wrote:

> Is there a way to get my non-PostScript USB Brother HL-1240 laser printer to
> be shared through my Airport Extreme for wireless printing?
>
> Currently we plug it directly into the Mac which needs it at the time.

Leave it plugged into one Mac, and on that Mac, under Sharing pane, check
"Printer sharing" on. Other Macs on the network should see it under Shared
Printers (turn the triangle) in their printer lists.

We do this here at home with hubby's photo inkjet, which isn't a postscript
printer.

We also have both a PS HP and a non-PS HP laser hooked via Ethernet into our
router, and all computers can hit those, too. If your Airport Extreme has a
USB port, you should be able to plug your Brother into that in the same way,
but it sounds from your note like you might have tried that and had no joy.
Is that right?

peace,
Linda