[X4U] Connecting Brother HL-1240 to Airport

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Mon Feb 19 20:40:50 PST 2007

Thanks Randy. That will provide me with an Ethernet connection to the
Airport rather than USB but would I be in the same boat with the Macs not
being able to find it?

US$149 also translates to AUD$190ish - ouch!  <8-}

Coj (who's still hoping for a simple, FREE configuration change solution)

"Randy B. Singer" <randy at macattorney.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
20/02/07 03:31 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [X4U] Connecting Brother HL-1240 to Airport

On Feb 19, 2007, at 7:39 PM, Brett Conlon wrote:

> I'm looking for a solution where I can connect the Brother directly
> via
> the USB port in the Airport and have it visible to both laptops.

There is an optional Ethernet print server that Brother offers for
your HL-1240, the NC2100p.  The Brother Web site doesn't say if it is
Macintosh-compatible:

<http://www.brothermall.com/Accessories/AccessoryDetail.aspx?
AccessID=NC2100p&Model=HL1240&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1>

But this site indicates that it is:

<http://www.superwarehouse.com/
Brother_NC2100P_10_100_BaseT_Ethernet_External_Print_Server/NC2100P/
ps/313606>