[X4U] typing Ctrl Opt Cmd symbols

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 16:31:47 PST 2007

Linda,
If you mean that the keyboard viewer is too small to be useful, go to
your Universal Access System Preference pane and turn on "Zoom". (I
find a reason to use the zoom feature almost everyday, via the
keyboard shortcuts.) This will at least make it easy to view how the
modifier keys (command, option, shift, control, function, and
combinations of those) affect the layout. But I agree with you that
not being able to see the fonts as wysiwyg is a drag. OS9 "Keycaps"
was great for that.
Just to be certain that there isn't one of those hidden secret ways,
I sent the question to my favorite Apple tech. If he comes up with a
solution, I'll post it here.
Cheers,
John