[X4U] Network button in Finder gone wonky

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Thu Feb 22 21:18:16 PST 2007

Hiya,

I have a user (G5/10.4.8) whose Network button, when clicked in a Finder
window, shows 3 empty folders when selected:

Applications
Library
Users

It's supposed to give her at least the "My Network" folder...

At first I thought it was probably pointing to the User's home folder but
I then realised that the "Users" folder was one of them. It obviously
can't be the main root level Applications, Library and Users folders coz
they aren't empty.

I tried using the Finder Preferences to untick Network for the Sidebar,
then re-tick it in case it would rebuild a sick preference but no luck.

I think I also tried deleting the apple.com.SidebarLists.plist user
preference but I can't get it working for her.

If you double-click on any of them and command-click on the name in the
titlebar to see what the path is it shows, eg.
Applications/Network/SharingName

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Coj