[X4U] LaCie Hard drive troubles

faramineux faramineux at comcast.net
Fri Feb 23 03:31:12 PST 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 8:50 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> It's not clear to me that the problem is with the drive itself. Why
> do you conclude that the drive is bad an dnot the enclosure or its
> Firewire bus? Have you tried other disks in that enclosure?
>
> Daly

The last time I had a problem with a drive it did not show up on the
finder. Disk utility did not show it. LaCie told me it was an
enclosure problem. With a new enclosure it was working again. For
this drive, the drive mounts, can be re-partition, etc.. Here LaCie
tells me it is not the drive. That's all I know. How could I try
other drives in that enclosure? If you remove the drive from an
enclosure you forfeit the warranty.