[X4U] Better Backup?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Wed Feb 28 08:17:00 PST 2007

Hi all,

We're looking into updating/revamping our backup system. Not only the
backup of our workstations but more importantly the backup of our
vast archive of past jobs and customer files. Currently we copy
completed jobs to a file server with two mirrored HDs. We then use
Retrospect to first backup the drives and then use it again to
archive the files (copies the files to tape then deletes them from
the drive). We are using AIT-2 tapes as our backup media. Our AIT
drive is getting a bit old and we would like to upgrade it before it
fails us. I'm wondering if there's any new and better options
available to us? Or or should we stick to AIT-2 and just purchase a
new AIT drive?

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com