[X4U] Recent Mac Java update kills the one Java applet I use knowingly; HELP?????

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Feb 28 09:56:24 PST 2007

On 2/27/07 3:53 PM, "Nancy L Spoolman" <nanc at spoolman.com> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Go into your utilities folder / Java folder / J2SE 5.0 / Double click
> on Java Preferences and change it back to the Java 1.4.2.
>
> That should help. It did for our Campus Student information System.
>
> If not, download the latest Firefox and it somehow takes care of it.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. They sounded promising, but
unfortunately neither worked. I tried using the older AND newer Java engines
in FireFox as well as in Safari, but I still get the same error messages
(the thread numbers may be different, but the text is the same).

Anyone have other ideas? (for those who mist the original post, I've lost
the ability to assemble and use a Java applet that permits me to use
Kaiser's "Health Connect" (Epic) Electronic Medical Record via SSL access
over the internet within a web browser.

I THINK what I'm hoping for is a pointer to removing Apple's February 15
Java update (the readme says both Java J2SE 5.0 and J at SE 1.4.2) are modified
by the update, and my recollection is that the 5.0 platform was actually
introduced much earlier (last year).

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson