[X4U] connecting to airport network from xp om imac

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Thu Jan 4 06:06:52 PST 2007

On 4 janv. 07, at 13:48, Stroller wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2007, at 09:38, alexandre wrote:
>>
>> i want to connect to my airport (express) network from windows xp
>> on my 24" imac, but so far have been unsuccessful.
>>
>> my network is password protected (wpa2 personal) with a 15 letter
>> password (just letters, no punctuations or numbers) & both airport
>> express base stations are up to date. xp has service pack 2…
>>
>> windows can "see" the network but not connect to it. any ideas?
>
> Give us a chance to help you.
>
> What error message do you get when you try to connect?

i double-click on my network (in the "wireless network conection"
window in xp)and then i'm prompted to enter my password.

a window pops up saying "please wait while windows connects to the
"XXX" network". an (ugly) progress bar tells me the mac/xp is trying
to connect to the network but after a minute or so, that window closes.

back in the "wireless network conection" window, it says "acquiring
network address" next to my network.

that's about it…

alexandre
:: 17" 2.33ghz ic2d macbook pro / 2.0gb / 160gb / X.4.8 ::
:: 24" 2.33ghz ic2d imac / 2.0gb / 250gb / X.4.8 ::