[X4U] Networking TiVo and Macs (Was: Networking PPC and MacIntel)

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 09:42:25 PST 2007

On 1/11/07 11:38 PM, Earle Jones <earle.jones at comcast.net> wrote:

> Did you hook up your TIVO to your base station with the USB cable?

No, I don't think that's possible. The USB port on a TiVo is very limited in
its capability.

> Or wirelessly?  Which TIVO adapter did you use?

Originally I had a Microsoft-branded Wireless USB adapter (that was back
when Microsoft started making their own networking hardware). But when I
upgraded my base station from AirPort to AirPort Extreme, I bought a new
adapter that supported 802.11g. I don't recall at this moment what it is,
but it's about the size of a thumb drive. And, again, this was before TiVo
made their own. There is a list of compatible/recommended adapters here:
<http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchContent.aspx?CID=1faa0420-0e05-4b2e-9
a42-253346b15256>

--
Eddie Hargreaves