[X4U] Followup: -R DVD media problem

nk netkat at comcast.net
Fri Jan 12 18:58:42 PST 2007

Awhile back, I posted about an issue I'd been having with a G4 Mini not
burning -R DVD media.

I got some time to sit down with apple tech support about a week ago.
what we did led to a Genius Bar appointment, and that resulted in the
replacement of the SuperDrive.

I don't know exactly what the problem was — dust, bad laser, etc, but
I'm pretty glad to have my Mini back and at full functionality with
respect to that drive.

I have 2 minis and I like to burn 2 copies of everything; nice if you
have 2 machines capable of burning 1 copy each.

thot I'd let the group know how it all turned out. and thanks to those
who responded to my original post.

nk