[X4U] Sources of PPC Mac drying up

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Jan 15 11:27:35 PST 2007

What are the OS requirements on the Mac side?  Will SheepShaver run on 10.3.9,
or does it require 10.4.x?  I suspect that even on my dual G5 2x2 this might
be worth trying out, as it would let me run a few things that won't run
under Classic (mainly games).  Strangely enough I'm interested in trying to
run an older version of eXodus on it, as I've not felt like spending the
money on a new version when in most cases Apple's X11.app is good enough.

In any case, figuring it out now, is likely to make the move to Intel easier
for me when the time comes.  Sadly that move will not be as fast as I would
like.

BTW, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that still prefers PageMill.  In
some ways I wish I was still running it, but it is a good thing I made the
break a couple years ago, as I now have one website that it wouldn't be able
to handle.  I really wish they'd continued to improve on PageMill, as I
think it would have been good for Adobe to have a "low-end" Web publishing
app.  I felt that PageMill was an excellent balance between a really basic
solution and the likes of GoLive and Dreamweaver.  In other words a good
solution for the average person.  I also wonder if GoLive will be in CS3, or
if it will be Dreamweaver, it looks like CS2.4 premium actaully offers both.

Zane