[X4U] Sources of PPC Mac drying up

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Mon Jan 15 11:38:05 PST 2007

I tried it a while back...seemed totally unintuitive, but I suspect
that that was simply because of my familiarity with PageMill.  All
I'm looking for is an app that lets me drag photos and links and use
almost like a word processor, without being as dog-slow as NVU.

Does anybody know of an editor that can simply read the directory
that I have my website built in on my local hard drive, and then pick
up where I left off with PageMill?  I don't want to "re-tool" my site
or rebuild it just to use another editor.  (FYI, by "my site" I'm
talking about some simple photo-sharing pages that I've had up for
nearly 10 years, with multiple interlinks across about 5 freebie
tripod.com sites).

I tried iWeb...the sites it builds look great, but I don't want to
use .Mac, and don't want the hassle of uploading a site separately
using another ftp program. Plus the sites seem a bit bloated and
complex for my tastes.  I'm still trying to make sure that dialup
users in my family can enjoy :-)

Michael