[X4U] ClarisDraw>Inkscape?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jan 18 19:17:19 PST 2007

At 12:22 PM -0800 1/18/07, nk wrote:
>what do you mean by "CAD" software? are you doing things that are
>related to architecture, or building systems or designing things.
>
>my understanding of CAD is that it's "computer-aided design" and
>that those apps will pump out drawings in the style engineers are
>used to and need.
>
>is that what you mean?

Yes, I meant "Computer-Aided Design", I have more experience with CAD
software than app's such as Illustrator or Freehand.

At 12:24 PM -0800 1/18/07, nk wrote:
>also, in my search to find out just what Claris Draw was, I
>encountered a program called Easy Draw, which boasts that it will
>import CD files.
>
>so, at least you could get your work into an OS X environment...

I've looked at Eazydraw previously, I might consider picking it up as
a way to convert ClarisDraw files, since it can read them.  The
problem I had was it felt unprofessional, and was lacking in some
features I use in ClarisDraw.

Zane