[X4U] Re: mail client choices. hijacking threads

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sat Jan 20 09:21:51 PST 2007

On 1/20/07 7:57 AM, Tim Collier wrote:

> Entourage is a HOG!

But, Mail and Thunderbird don't do everything I need them to do, so, I use
what I use that offers me the features I want and need.

> Another nice thing about the OS X mail app is that you can set up
> rules, say to have all messages from this address placed in a folder
> that you create.

I have 60 mailboxes set up in Entourage, and rules galore to file everything
into its own folder. I assign colored categories automagically, too. No
sweat, and no worries.

Three mail applications is not a nightmare. All of my gmail, personal mail,
is in Mail, so I don't clutter up my client and work-related email in
En'rage. There were two gmail accounts that wouldn't download in Mail, but
will download into Thunderbird, so that's that. T-bird doesn't do everything
mail does, and neither Tbird nor Mail does everything I need for my
business, so Entourage it is. I don't mind. I started with Claris Emailer
and this is the most like that, and I'm actually quite happy.

> I have a total of 5 email  addresses that I keep track of all in OS X mail.

I have many more than five. :-) I have more than five associated with my own
domain (info, orders, feedback, sales, webmaster, plus two variants of my
name that people are used to), and there's my husband's domain (which I get
the admin-type email for), besides any .mac and .gmail accounts I have for
lists...

> Simple and painless  and I can view email lists, such as this by thread....it
> certainly  makes it a lot easier.

If it was truly painless and easier, why did the "please thread properly"
subject come up again? :-)  <grins, ducks and runs>

~Linda