[X4U] Re: hijacking threads - READ THIS

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sat Jan 20 12:20:48 PST 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 11:12:52AM CST, Doug McNutt <douglist at macnauchtan.com> wrote:
: At 21:24 -0800 1/19/07, Rod Duncan wrote:
: >
: >Just curious to see if this continues to be threaded or it
: >appears as a new subject... Damn, my flute's out of tune.
: >R.
:
: Is anyone else bothered, while sorting by subject, that these
: are not the same:
:
: Subject: Re: [X4U] Re: hijacking threads
: Subject: [X4U] Re: hijacking threads
:
: I have yet to find a mailing list that properly handles the
: addition of bracketed identifiers when divers mail clients
: handle that adding of Re: differently. And then there is
: Antwort: by our Germanic friends.

Bracketted labels in the Subject: line is common, but has no
official consistent standard, AFAIK.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/