[X4U] Re: hijacking threads

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 21 06:10:59 PST 2007

Stroller wrote:

> On 20 Jan 2007, at 14:06, jelmore at elmoredesign.com wrote:
>
>> Looking at a message source, I don't see any header that would indicate
>> that a subject belongs to a thread with a different subject. So how is
>> that done?

>  From the message you replied to:

> <515A4AB4-10D2-4E5A-9111-26B194CED62A at earthlink.net>
> <6E0F93B2-421E-41FC-936A-8BBD7C224063 at mac.com>
> <13fd79f6e16d5556fd2c34ffb9731619 at comcast.net>
> <C668A83E-56DC-47F1-BEFF-E2FF57EBDC62 at speakeasy.net>
> <20070119222529.1611387305 at smtp.mac.com>

When I click on any of the above colored links, all I get is a fresh
email/message 'Compose' window, with that link address in the "To" line.
The same thing happens to all of the links you include above.
That being the case for me, how is the following statement true?

 > From these one can ascertain all replies previously made in a thread.
 >
> I see that your web-based email program deletes these headers. I'm not
> sure if that's correct behaviour.
>
> Stroller.

Or maybe my email reader deletes something essential too?

keith whaley