[X4U] Time zone System Preferences bug (MacBook Pro/Boot Camp)

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 23 20:44:00 PST 2007

On 23 Jan 2007, at 22:23, Jim Robertson wrote:

> I have Boot Camp (latest public beta version) installed on my
> MacBook Pro.
> If I boot into Windows, WinXP finds my 802.11g hardware and
> connects me to
> the internet. However, if I restart in the Mac OS and don't turn on
> Airport,
> in the Mac OS my system clock somehow gets reset to Greenwich Mean
> Time.

Hi there,

It sounds like your timezone may be set incorrectly in Windows. You
don't mention what time it says when you're booted to XP, so maybe
you never look at the clock when you are? Could the time be set
incorrectly in Windows, too? Double-click on the clock to change the
time settings.

Both XP & OS X (by default) connect to NTP time servers to set their
clocks, explaining why Airport affects this.

Stroller.