[X4U] Flushed his toilet

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Jan 26 00:18:44 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 09:37:39PM CST, Stroller <macmonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:
:
: I'm sorry. I'm just sick and fucking tired of Mac users - not
: everyone here, but particularly on this list - making like Macs are
: God's gift and Mac-users God's chosen people.

As a Unix admin who's done lots of work on non-GUI systems,
I have the option to look down on all Mac & DOS/Windoze users.
Whatever.

Having said that, Windoze users have belittled the Mac
platform for *years* on false premises.  Like how they don't
consider Macs to be serious business machines because Macs'
cute GUI makes them more like toys than real computers
(although more games are available for Windoze).  Or how
they think Macs can't run M$ Word because it's not available
(although M$ Word was born on a Mac and has existed since
the birth of the Mac platform).  Only with the extraordinary
development of the Mac OS X platform, the sudden popularity
of the iPod platform, the move to the Intel chipset, and
several critical missteps best known as Windoze Vista has
begun to chip away at these long-standing stereotypes.  Too
bad I *still* run into old-timers who think that M$ Office
is not available on the Mac.  Old habits die hard.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/