[X4U] Advice on cleaning up Entourage Address Book

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sun Jan 28 07:37:35 PST 2007

Perhaps I'm pushing the envelope.

I use Entourage as my primary PIM. I like its "Categories" in the address
book and calendar. Now that several other applications use Apple's Address
Book application (for example, the label software that comes with my Dymo
label printer) seamlessly, I've begun using Sync Services. If that weren't
enough, I use a Windows Mobile 5 PocketPC phone, and I've started using
Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 3.0 to keep address book and calendar and
task data on it (and I synchronize those items to Outlook on my Intel Mac
laptop under Boot Camp.

Along the way, my Entourage Address Book has acquired a large number of
duplicate entries (but not ALL entries are duplicated).

I'd like to embark on the odyssey of cleaning all this up. Logically, it
seems I should start with the dataset I care most about (the Entourage
address book database), so I've begun winnowing out the duplicates.

Any advice, caveats, or "oh, my GOD, don't DO it, Dave" recommendations?

Are there any utilities that will find and delete duplicates in any of these
databases?

Thanks so much.

Jim Robertson