[X4U] Safari woes!

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Jul 1 05:40:07 PDT 2007

On 1 Jul 2007, at 01:32, faramineux wrote:

> Here is the scoop: In the folder SystemConfiguration there are 4
> plist files.
>
> com.apple.nat.plist
> com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
> NetworkInterfaces.plist
> preferences.plist
>
> After deleting them, I re-start the computer. ...
> I start Safari and it crashes.

That doesn't surprise me. None of those files appear to have anything
to do with Safari.

I know I said "remove some preference files" but try & do so with
some discretion.

Preference files have a standard naming convention -
com.apple.iTunes.plist is related to the iTunes software written by
the company that owns the apple.com domain, com.hustler.picture-
viewer.plist is related to Hustler.com's picture viewing software.

Files you have deleted don't have "safari" in the name and some are
clearly related to network settings & power management. Why are you
deleting them in order to try & solve a Safari problem?

Stroller.