[X4U] Documents issue

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jul 1 22:52:32 PDT 2007

On Jul 1, 2007, at 3:46 AM, Arvee Klesk wrote:

> Hi list. When I make a text file (.txt or .rtf) on Mac OS X and
> take it to a Windows machine it shows a character (exactly, a
> vertical rectangle) instead of a return / end-of-line (EOL). In
> Mac, I'm using Unicode, on Windows, ANSI. It's an issue with the
> EOL of each OS or the charset itself ???

I handle this by running the text document through Tex-Edit Plus (not
to be confused with Apple's TextEdit):
http://www.tex-edit.com/

and choosing "Add CR's/LF's" (which means "add character returns and
line feeds.)
In Tex-Edit Plus, this is in the Special menu --> Quick Modify.

I believe that using TextWrangler and setting the text encoding to
UTF-8 does the same thing.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html