[X4U] OT: Can we sell stuff on this list?

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Sat Jul 7 11:53:31 PDT 2007

Shawn King wrote:

> On 7/7/07 1:42 PM, "keith_w" <keith_w at dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
>> It's either allowed or it's NOT! I can see no reason for a special
>> dispensation for anyone.

> It's the ListMom's List. His List, His Rules. No exceptions.

[...]

> You may be mistaking this (or any other) list for a democracy. It most
> certainly is not. If we are lucky, it's a benign dictatorship.
>
> There is no "freedom of speech" on a mailing list. To paraphrase, "we post
> at the pleasure of the ListMom". If the ListMom dictates we must all append
> "The ListMom is God" at the beginning and end of each post, we must do so or
> leave the list.
>
> If he wants to sell his stuff on the list and not allow anyone else to sell
> their stuff, that's his prerogative. Just as it is ours to not like his
> rules and leave the list - possibly to start our own.
>
> I'll repeat - His List, His Rules. QED.

Yeah, it sure seemed that way to me too.
Just as if I were a member of a country who had a dictator, and if I
could find a way, I'd opt out of being a member of such a group under
such a person.

So...I'll put my money where my mouth is.

My very next post will be to opt out of this otherwise fine list.

Sayonara, muchachos... Fun while it lasted and all that.

keith whaley
keith_w at dslextreme.com